Sunday, June 1, 2014

One week left!

Well, it's almost here.  At this time a week from now, I'll be in New York getting ready for my plane ride at 9:00 at night.  It's scary to think that my journey is so close, but the weird thing about anticipation is that it's got it's good side and a thorny side.  I'm experiencing both.  

First of all, there's the stress.  I'm waiting for my renewed license to get here and if it doesn't by Wednesday, than I'm bringing my passport to every bar in Dublin.  I'm making sure I have enough money to support myself overseas without being a total burden to my parents.  I'm making sure I have my internet set up, my passport, my documents, my adapters, enough books, enough sanity to last me....


And then there's the good side.  I've already made friends with some people, I bought some kick-ass work attire to wear at my internship.  I'll start feeling useful every day instead of loafing around in my pajamas until 12:00 pm (I may or may not be in PJ's right now...)

With every adventure, there are pros and cons, and money always seems to be a con.  I'll be okay, though-- I know how to handle myself around an international credit card-- but everything just seems easier in your home country.  Even the littlest things become worrisome in an unfamiliar environment, things like cab rides or tipping waiters.  But I'll make mistakes, and I'll get used to the changes: this I know for sure.

For now, I'll just have to focus on the good side of anticipation, the kind that won't give me night sweats.


No comments:

Post a Comment